Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe originally came from the Mayo Clinic so you know that it has be be good for you. Prep time will be longer if using fresh beans.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1⁄3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook beans and red peppers in a steamer basket over water until crisp-tender.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer beans to a serving bowl.
- Add dressing and stir to coat.
Nice flavor! These beans are tangy but the tang does not over power either the beans or the meal. Made using frozen green beans, rice vinegar and cut the oil in half. Also recipe did not state what type of mustard so regular yellow mustard. As these were a hit at the dinner table will be making again. Thanks for the post.
Squeaky good! I did use roasted peppers that I added at the end of the beans cooking. Skipped the water. Thanks
The whole family actually ate this bean recipe! I used frozen Italian green beans and a mixture of red, orange and yellow bell peppers! Will make again! Made for Honor Thy Mother Diabetic tag!