Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a quick and easy recipe and is so tasty. I just can't eat plain green beans after trying this.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, heat beans; drain.
- Add butter, sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese.
I thought these were really good, but my husband and daughter thought they were awful. Who cares what they think? More for me! I used balsamic, and thought they had a nice sweet and sour tatste. Thank-you!
Loved these green beans... I was getting tired of the usual way I prepare them (bacon & onions) and these were great. The only thing I did differently was to add another can of green beans. It was the perfect ratio with the other ingredients for us. Not too sweet or tangy. I used apple cider vinegar and unsalted butter. I also topped them with just a sprinkling of grated pecorino romano, since that is what I had in the fridge... Thanks for posting!!!
Very good recipe, great way to use my garden canned beans. Used balsamic vinegar. Thank You Chris from Kansas-