Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and sour dressing with bacon give these a great flavor.
- 2 (14 ounce) frozen green beans (do not thaw)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place frozen green beans in large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook 3 minutes; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot bacon drippings over medium high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in green beans, pimiento, and next 4 ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with bacon.