1/9 Photos of Tangy Green Bean Salad
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
A warm, deliciously tangy flavoured green bean salad. For a more substantial salad, boil about 1lb of scrubbed new potatoes until tender, cool, and then cut them into bite-sized chunks. Stir into the green beans, and then add the dressing. From The Inspired Vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce butter
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 ounces white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 egg, hard boiled and finely chopped
- 1Trim the green beans, and cook in boiling salted water for 5 -6 minutes until tender.
- 2Drain the beans and refresh under cold running water, place in a serving bowl.
- 3Make the salad dressing by blending the oils, vinegar, garlic, mustard, sugar and salt, thoroughly together.
- 4Pour over the beans and toss to mix.
- 5Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan, and fry the garlic for one minute.
- 6Stir in the breadcrumbs, and fry over a moderate heat for about 3 - 4 minutes, until golden-brown, stirring frequently.
- 7Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the parsley, and then the egg.
- 8Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the green beans.
- 9Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.7
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 187.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar