Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from the cookbook Southern Sideboards which is a Southern Living Magazine hall of fame cookbook. I don't stray too far from the orginal recipe. It's that good!
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
- 8 slices bacon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Drain green beans. Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap a good hand full (12-15) beans with the bacon & lay seam side down on a lined sheet pan sprayed with pam. Repeat with remaining beans and bacon. Bake about 25-30 minute until bacon is brown & beans are cooked. Meanwhile, grate 1/4 to 1/2 of an onion to get it's juice and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a glass pyrex. Microwave 1-2 minutes until butter is melted. Stir well. When bundles are done dip each bundle in sauce and place in serving dish. Pour remaining sauce over bundles and serve. These bundles can be assembled in advance with the sauce kept seperate. These bundles do not freeze well raw or pre-cooked.