Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very easy, few ingredients, and, best of all! Tasty! A change from lettuce and tomato...makes a colorful winter-time salad.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 large red onion, 1/4 inch slices and separated into rings
- 1 cup sliced stuffed green olive, with brine
- lettuce leaf
- Place green beans and onion slices in a deep dish.
- Pour olives and olive brine over all.
- Cover, refrigerate, an marinate at least 3 hours, overnight is better, tossing occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
What a great combination of flavours and I have never thought of using the brine as part of the dressing! Great flavours and I did exactly as Caroline Cooks suggested and left this to marinate for 3 hours. I used caper stuffed green olives which added a great kick to the overall flavour. Thanks Caroline for another wonderful recipe! FT:-)
Oh, I thought this was very good! I only made one change, I used fresh green beans instead of canned. I blanched them quickly so they'd be crisp and bright green. I chose green olives stuffed with almonds, as I thought the almonds would go well with the green beans and add a nice crunch. A great salad! The Beau didn't care for it as much, he didn't like the olive brine, but more for me! A keeper, as I'm always looking for salads that don't use traditional ingredients, such as lettuce. Thanks, Caroline Cooks!