Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This isn't your typical Christmas Fruitcake. Its a cake filled with fruit. The recipe calls for strawberries but I've used different fruit if you would like. I got this recipe from "The Active Woman's Cookbook" that my mom had.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- confectioners' sugar
- sliced and sweetened strawberry
- heavy cream, whipped
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at ta time, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon zest and extract.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating with mixer at medium speed.
- Begin and end with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 6 1/2 cup ring mold.
- Bake in a 325 oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges and invert.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Fill center with strawberries and top with whipped cream.