Recipe by Angel-mae & cleopatra's mummy
Another one I haven't tried yet but looks good. This recipe came from the back of a pecan pack.
Top Review by Demelza
This was quite a tasty loaf. I used olive oil, chopped & toasted my pecans, chopped whole dates & used frozen mashed bananas. I also added the lemon zest as the previous reviewer had mentioned that it was not very tangy. It produced quite a dense loaf. It was lovely toasted & buttered for breakfast. The lemon zest didn't really add much to the flavour. This is a very low fat loaf, I might add some yogurt to it the next time I make it. Thanks for posting this recipe mummy. Made for PAC Spring 2011
- 1⁄4 cup polyunsaturated oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 sliced bananas
- 1⁄2 cup dates
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat oil and sugar until thick.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Stir in bananas, dates, and lemon juice.
- Combine sifted flour, wheatgerm, baking soda, baking powder, and pecan nuts.
- Fold dry ingredients into mixture and blend well.
- Bake in a 20cmx8cm non stick loaf pan at 170c for 50-60 minutes.