Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you run out of salad dressing, this is fast & easy to make from common ingredients. Looks & tastes a lot like a cross between French and Catalina.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Place all ingredients in blender and mix at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Variations: Use Honey Mustard if you prefer a sweeter taste, or Dijon Mustard if you prefer a spicier taste.
- No onion salt? Finely dice 1/2 small onion and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- No garlic powder? Mince 2 cloves of fresh garlic.
Rich in color and flavor. Excellent! Made for PAC Spring 2013.
Loved this great dressing! Tangy and not too sweet. My chili powder was a little spicy which gave this a nice little kick. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013
I was looking for a french dressing and I thought this looked interesting. My husband loves bbq sauce on almost everthing. He was so excited because he thought this had bbq sauce in it as part of the recipe. If you like that tangy flavor then you'll probably like this. I will make this again.