This is my variation on all the bean salads out there. I found using salad oil and white vinegar to be too bland for my tastes, yet I didn't want a complicated salad full of herbs. This is my creation! This recipe is suitable for diabetics or low-carbers if you use the Splenda. There is no discernable taste difference between using Splenda or using sugar. I hope everyone who tries it enjoys it.
- 453.59 g can red kidney beans
- 453.59 g can cut green beans (not French style)
- 453.59 g can cut wax beans
- 453.59 g can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 medium onion, sliced paper thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced very fine
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 28.39 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute or 118.29 ml granulated sugar (do not use both, please)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- Drain all four cans of beans, discarding liquid.
- In a large container, toss beans with onion and garlic.
- In a 2 cup mixing bowl (or measuring cup), mix the oil, vinegar, Splenda, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the bean mixture.
- Mix well to coat all ingredients.
- Cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Just the right tang - We loved it. Quick & easy to make too. I made mine early in the AM to let the flavors meld till Lunch time
The flavors great with out all the calories! Continue to use this recipe. So far, my husband makes it every a week.
Everything Amy claimed. I especially like the Splenda to help cut calories, with no loss of sweetness or flavor. Great!