Recipe by Amy - Ellie's Mommie
This is my variation on all the bean salads out there. I found using salad oil and white vinegar to be too bland for my tastes, yet I didn't want a complicated salad full of herbs. This is my creation! This recipe is suitable for diabetics or low-carbers if you use the Splenda. There is no discernable taste difference between using Splenda or using sugar. I hope everyone who tries it enjoys it.
- 453.59 g can red kidney beans
- 453.59 g can cut green beans (not French style)
- 453.59 g can cut wax beans
- 453.59 g can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 medium onion, sliced paper thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced very fine
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 28.39 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute or 118.29 ml granulated sugar (do not use both, please)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain all four cans of beans, discarding liquid.
- In a large container, toss beans with onion and garlic.
- In a 2 cup mixing bowl (or measuring cup), mix the oil, vinegar, Splenda, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the bean mixture.
- Mix well to coat all ingredients.
- Cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.