1/3 Photos of Tangy Four Bean Salad
24 hrs 15 mins
Amy - Ellie's Mommie's Note:
This is my variation on all the bean salads out there. I found using salad oil and white vinegar to be too bland for my tastes, yet I didn't want a complicated salad full of herbs. This is my creation! This recipe is suitable for diabetics or low-carbers if you use the Splenda. There is no discernable taste difference between using Splenda or using sugar. I hope everyone who tries it enjoys it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans (not French style)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut wax beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 medium onion, sliced paper thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced very fine
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 1/2 cup granulated sugar (do not use both, please)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Drain all four cans of beans, discarding liquid.
- 2In a large container, toss beans with onion and garlic.
- 3In a 2 cup mixing bowl (or measuring cup), mix the oil, vinegar, Splenda, salt and pepper.
- 4Pour over the bean mixture.
- 5Mix well to coat all ingredients.
- 6Cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Four Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 441.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g