Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make the Horseradish Cream when you make the marinade. Then, when it is time for dinner all you have to do is cook meat and sides. Substitute 1 teaspoon dried rosemary for the fresh if you want. Time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup thawed apple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Trim fat from steak. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of steak. Combine steak and next 5 ingredients (steak through Worcestershire Sauce) in a large heavy zip-top bag. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 8-12 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill or broiler. Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 7 minutes per side or until steak is desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve steak with Horseradish Cream.
- To make Horseradish Cream: Combine sour cream, chopped green onions and 1 tablespoon horseradish in a small bowl. Stir well. Cover and chill.
The best flank steak we've had in long time. It has a very zesty "zing" to it that really makes this dish so memorable. We have had it a few times now, and I've made it with and without the horseradish cream. And it's equally delicious both ways. A definite "keeper". Thanks, Little Suzy Homemaker.