1/1 Photo of Tangy Fish Sandwiches
Deb G's Note:
Original recipe is for grilling grouper, which I love, but I have only made it with Mahi-Mahi. DH and I think it's delicious, and it's quick and easy as well. We use the tartar-like sauce with other fish as well. From my Low-Fat Way to Cook (1993). ***See note at bottom of directions for alternative cooking method.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 (4 ounce) grouper fillets
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 tomatoes, slices (1/4 in thick)
- 1Combine lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, pepper, and paprika; stir well.
- 2Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- 3Place fish on rack, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with lemon juice mixture.
- 4Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients, stirring well; spread mixture evenly over both sides of hamburger buns.
- 5Place a piece of fish on bottom half of each bun. Top each with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, and top half of bun.
- 6***Note: I have also briefly marinated the fish in the lemon juice mixture and then pan fried in a minimal amount of olive oil rather than grilling.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Fish Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 417.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 27.6 g