Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Original recipe is for grilling grouper, which I love, but I have only made it with Mahi-Mahi. DH and I think it's delicious, and it's quick and easy as well. We use the tartar-like sauce with other fish as well. From my Low-Fat Way to Cook (1993). ***See note at bottom of directions for alternative cooking method.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 (4 ounce) grouper fillets
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 tomatoes, slices (1/4 in thick)
- Combine lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, pepper, and paprika; stir well.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Place fish on rack, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with lemon juice mixture.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients, stirring well; spread mixture evenly over both sides of hamburger buns.
- Place a piece of fish on bottom half of each bun. Top each with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, and top half of bun.
- ***Note: I have also briefly marinated the fish in the lemon juice mixture and then pan fried in a minimal amount of olive oil rather than grilling.
Loved it! I used freshly caught red snapper, and left the tomato off. (No good tomatoes available right now! Grilled fish is one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing....made for PAC Spring 2013.