Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from AllRecipes.com, it has been modified according some of the readers suggestions. Mustard was reduced from 1/4 cup to 1/8 and garlic salt made garlic powder, since it already calls for salt.
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix yellow mustard, mayonnaise, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, onion powder and hot pepper sauce. Fold in eggs and celery.
- Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Um, Um, Um! That's good egg salad!!! Egg salad has never been a favorite of mine, so I make it occasionally for my DH who likes it. But I was asked to bring it to a gathering, so I looked for a recipe that was "interesting" and found this one. When I tasted it myself, I loved it! Thanks, True Texas, for posting a keeper recipe!!
Really great egg salad recipe, love it! I will be making this again, for sure. Thanks for sharing True Texas! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.