After searching for a great dill pickle relish, I combined a couple and came up with this wonderful tasting relish. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family.
- Finely chop cucumbers and onions. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt, stir well. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain mixture in a colander, rinse under cold water and drain again, pressing out any excess moisture.
- In a large pot, bring vinegar, sugar, garlic, dill seed, mustard seed, celery seed to a boil.
- Add cucumber mixture, bring to a boil again, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. After 9 minutes, mix the cornstarch with a bit of the simmering juice until no lumps remain. Add to the relish and mix well until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add the turmeric and mix well.
- Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal with lids and rings. Process in boiling water bath in canner for 10 minutes.