1/1 Photo of Tangy Dill Pickle Relish
After searching for a great dill pickle relish, I combined a couple and came up with this wonderful tasting relish. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop cucumbers and onions. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt, stir well. Let stand for 1 hour.
- 2Drain mixture in a colander, rinse under cold water and drain again, pressing out any excess moisture.
- 3In a large pot, bring vinegar, sugar, garlic, dill seed, mustard seed, celery seed to a boil.
- 4Add cucumber mixture, bring to a boil again, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. After 9 minutes, mix the cornstarch with a bit of the simmering juice until no lumps remain. Add to the relish and mix well until thickened.
- 5Remove from heat, add the turmeric and mix well.
- 6Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal with lids and rings. Process in boiling water bath in canner for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Dill Pickle Relish
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 591.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g