Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Hawaii Diet cookbook. When I first saw it, I thought there was no way I would like it, but the calories (24 per serving) made it tempting to try and surprisingly I loved it. Now I make it all the time. Some changes I made: I used extra virgin olive oil in place of the canola oil, red wine vinegar in place of white vinegar, deleted garlic and replaced salt with Janes crazy mixed up seasoned salt (which has garlic in it.) I also sometimes substitute KAME hot chinese style mustard for the dijon.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey or 2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or cruet.
- Shake well and chill.