Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I slightly altered this from a recipe found in Cooking Light Magazine. I substituted splenda for the sugar and dijon for the whole-grain mustard. Any type of mustard however would be outstanding in this simple dish.
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages coleslaw mix
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup thin sliced red onion
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl and stir well with a whisk.
- Combine coleslaw mix, carrots and onion in a large bowl.
- Add mustard mixture to cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
Colorful and tasty and lowfat, too! I absolutely loved this colesalw. I added 1 extra tbsp of light mayo, but that's all I did differently. I'll make this sgain. Thanx!
I've made this twice and it's really tasty. I do not use artificial sweeteners, they are poison, and used sage honey instead and 1 tablespoon of chipotle adobo sauce. I will make it again for a Labor Day party.