Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 -3 pieces bananas, stem
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Urad Dal
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 10 -12 fresh curry leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 2 teaspoons green chilies
- chili powder
- Slit the stem pieces lengthwise and remove the outer white layer.
- Chop the inner soft portion into small pieces (remove sticky strand of fibre).
- Add salt and turmeric to the pieces and pressure cook with a little water.
- Fry urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida in oil and add cooked pieces to it.
- Add tamarind juice, salt and chopped green chillies to the vegetable and cook on low heat till oil surfaces.