Recipe by Paige
This salad is a nice change from the usual marinated cucumber salads I see. A perfect combo of sweet and sour. This has been a big hit at all my family get togethers!
- 8 cucumbers
- 1 large red onion
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers then slice in half, length wise, scoop out seeds.
- Slice cucmbers into 1 to 2 inch chunks and put in colander.
- Sprinkle cucumbers with alot of salt.
- Mix well.
- Let cucumbers sit for 30 minutes.
- Slice red onion in half.
- Slice halves to make thin, crescent shaped pieces of onion.
- Put onion in large bowl.
- While cucumbers sit, mix sauce.
- In a small plastic bowl with lid, mix vinegar, oil, sugar, paprika and dill.
- Put the lid on and shake to mix.
- Set aside.
- Rinse cucumbers well and press water out.
- Put cucumbers in bowl with onions.
- Pour sauce over cucumber/onion mixture and mix well.
- Cover and put into refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.