Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A good one for those who like the flavor of something a little different.
Make and share this Tangy Crock Pot Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- hot cooked rice
- Place chop in a slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add onions, green pepper and tomatoes. Combine ketchup, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and bouillon; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5-6 hours.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 20 minute or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Love this recipe! I have not only made this with the pork chops, chicken, shrimp instead of the pork chops. This is a meal that my family really enjoys. It reheats easily also. For the reheating with the shrimp in it remove all the shrimp heat the vegies then add the shrimp for only a few minutes just long enough to warm them you want to be careful not to overheat as it will make the shrimp tough. Enjoy other versions.
Excellent! My recipe also calls for celery.
Excellent recipe! Thanks for putting "crock pot" in the title. I need more recipes like this one. It's the same as another recipe I have except that mine calls for two ribs of celery that I think are necessary. :)