Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Quick and easy to throw into the crock pot!
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) beef eye round, trimmed of excess fat (or similar cut of beef)
- 12 ounces tomato paste (2 6-oz cans)
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ounce onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place meat into crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together tomato paste, wine, vinegar, water, brown sugar, garlic, soup mix, thyme and pepper. Pour this mixture over meat in crock pot and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Allow to rest before slicing.
- Slice and serve with the sauce poured over the slices of beef.
It sounds like this would be great for brisket too!