Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite food on the holiday menu is cranberry sauce, and I kept trying to find the perfect blend. I put together this recipe in 1989 and have used it ever since.
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Bring orange juice to a boil.
- Add washed cranberries and sugar.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes .
- Remove from heat.
- Mash berries with a potato masher.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Chill for several hours and serve.
Nice relish for the holidays! It was enjoyed. I thought it was a little tart for my tastes but the others seemed to enjoy it, so I'm giving it 4 stars!
great recipe - just didn't add the nuts. Outstanding!
I love cranberry sauce, and Sherri's recipe is a keeper! It was fun to make, and I thought the flavors were perfectly aligned. The nuts and ginger make it special. No one flavor overwhelms another. I enjoyed it with Baked Chicken Breasts Supreme (#61781). Thanks Sherri!