Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy recipe for the slowcooker, but could be adapted to the oven. Serve over rice or noodles. Do NOT use jellied cranberry sauce.
- 3 lbs lean pork loin roast, trim off fat
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Trim pork loin of visible fat.
- Sprinkle pork loin with salt and pepper and place into the slowcooker. Top with onion.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cranberry sauce, pineapple juice, cider vinegar, mustard, honey and allspice.
- Pour sauce over pork in slowcooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until done.
- Serve with juices.
I had to substitute orange juice for the pineapple. This is going to be one of my go to recipes for pork loin during our long Northern Michigan Winters!
Excellent dish! Only made half of the recipe as there are only three of us. Loved the slight sweetness of this. I used a pork tenderloin cut into three pieces as that is what I had on hand. Thanks for posting this Parsley! Made for Went to Market Tag.