Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Looking for an alternative to the basic Turkey Meatloaf I created a Holiday Meatloaf, and needed something appropriate to glaze the top with, thus was born this recipe, which has now found it's way to being used for sausages, on sandwiches and apparently makes a good chicken nugget dip per my husband :)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (Original Bullseye is my base)
- 1 cup canned whole cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Combine wet ingredients in a sauce pan over med-high heat.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, white pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from stove and add to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Good to use immediately but the flavors settle wonderfully overnight, can keep covered in the refrigerator for a week.
Sorry, but I was kinda disappointed with this. I cut the white pepper in half & it was still too over-powering & I couldn't taste the cranberry sauce at all. I love the idea, so I think I'll play around with it. THANKS!!!