Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is very yummy and quick and easy to make! It would be a good summer dinner. Try stuffing the mixture into pita bread for lunch.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- Cook the cous cous with the water. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients and toss thoroughly. Chill for 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to mingle.
i disagree with the other review...it was quite tasty!!!!
This just didn't fit our tastes. Tried it in pita pockets, and had to add cheese and sour cream to add flavor, and was still quite bland.