Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Keep it simple. Made with the basics. Use fresh when you have it, then make do.
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 12 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Sauté celery in butter.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually add tomato juice; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
This is a nice tasty soup, easy to make, and it is a good basic recipe to fool around with as well. I added some kale to mine, and left out the parmesan because I had none. The soup was a touch too sour for me, so I also added a teaspoon of brown sugar. Will try the parmesan next time.