Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Keep it simple. Made with the basics. Use fresh when you have it, then make do.
Make and share this Tangy Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 12 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Sauté celery in butter.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually add tomato juice; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
This is a nice tasty soup, easy to make, and it is a good basic recipe to fool around with as well. I added some kale to mine, and left out the parmesan because I had none. The soup was a touch too sour for me, so I also added a teaspoon of brown sugar. Will try the parmesan next time.