Recipe by CountryLady
This tastes even better the next day! You can follow the directions here OR put everything in a crock pot after browning the beef & cook on low for 8 to 9 hours. Your choice of your favourite BBQ sauce will determine just how much tang is in the dish!
Top Review by moxie
This was a delicious and tender roast, and the veggies were done just right, too. I did use a very "peppery" bbq sauce, and it was a little much, but the method is really good. Thanks for sharing this nice recipe.
- 1 beef blade roast, approx 3 lbs
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favourite kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup beef stock
- 6 -8 potatoes, peeled &, quartered
- 6 -8 carrots, peeled &, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
- In a heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil until hot; add roast & cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pot & keep warm.
- Pour off any excess fat.
- Add next 7 ingredients& mix well.
- Return beef to pot, cover & cook in a preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Spoon off any excess fat.
- Add vegetables, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 1 hour or until beef is fork-tender & veggies cooked to your liking.