Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This tastes even better the next day! You can follow the directions here OR put everything in a crock pot after browning the beef & cook on low for 8 to 9 hours. Your choice of your favourite BBQ sauce will determine just how much tang is in the dish!
- 1 beef blade roast, approx 3 lbs
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favourite kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup beef stock
- 6 -8 potatoes, peeled &, quartered
- 6 -8 carrots, peeled &, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
- In a heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil until hot; add roast & cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pot & keep warm.
- Pour off any excess fat.
- Add next 7 ingredients& mix well.
- Return beef to pot, cover & cook in a preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Spoon off any excess fat.
- Add vegetables, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 1 hour or until beef is fork-tender & veggies cooked to your liking.
This was a delicious and tender roast, and the veggies were done just right, too. I did use a very "peppery" bbq sauce, and it was a little much, but the method is really good. Thanks for sharing this nice recipe.
Hey CountryLady! will make this again to taste them the next Day;)!! We love lemony stuff so this was right up our merry alley!! Made it in the pressure cooker (1 kg meat) though to save me some time, for Sunday lunch. Did not use any flour. DH and DS loved it too. Served it over rice with a cabbage vegetable at the side. :) Fay
I cooked this in the crockpot, and the result was flavorful, very tender beef! The gravy was deliciously different, due to the BBQ sauce. I did use a "tangy" BBQ sauce, and that, along with the lemon resulted in a meal too "tangy" for my DH, so if you don't like that flavor you may not enjoy it as much. However, 5 stars from me!