Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
.....Just good ol' comfort food!
Make and share this Tangy Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs whole chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine chicken, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let stand for at least 30 minutes. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and tomatoes until soft and wilted. Drain chicken reserving marinade. Add chicken pieces to the pan. Stir-fry for about 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken colors slightly.
- Add reserved marinade, paprika, bay leaf and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with white rice.
Yummy! I just through everything in a crockpot and it came out delish. Everyone loved it. Thank you!