Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great summer salad. I use a cooked BBQ chicken.
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 480 g chicken, cooked and shredded (3 cups)
- 320 g Chinese cabbage, finely shredded (4 cups)
- 200 g bean sprouts (2 1/2 cups)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 small red radishes, thinly sliced
- 35 g roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 60 ml fish sauce
- 60 ml lime juice
- 20 ml rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 20 ml sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients together and mix well.
- Using vegetable peeler, slice carrot and cucumber into ribbons.
- Place carrot and cucumber in large bowl with chicken, cabbage, sprouts, onion and radish.
- Drizzle salad with dressing, toss gently to combine.
- Top with peanuts just before serving.
This is a wonderful chicken salad - very fresh-tasting and altogether quite 'right' for the hotter months that have set in. The dressing is fab, with the right blend of thai-style seasonings. The whole family loved this!