A real downhome casserole that uses leftover chicken. Turkey could also be substituted for the chicken.
- Combine cornflake crumbs and butter.
- Set aside for topping.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, milk, water, and bouillon cubes.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sour cream, chicken and mushrooms.
- Add the cooked noodles.
- Put in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until it bubbles.
This was so easy and really good. I doubled the recipe, used spinach noodles and one cup of half and half in place of milk. I used fresh sauteed mushrooms. I added 1 tsp onion powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. I took it to work and it was very well received. Thanks for posting.
This was delicious, my family loved it. I used leftover turkey and increased the cornflake crumbs a bit since I baked it in a rather large, shallow pan and wanted enough for a crunchy topping. This is a great casserole to make when you need to use up odds and ends in the fridge and pantry. This recipe is going to the cabin with us! Thanks Martina!
Thank you for a simple and tasty fix! I have made this dish twice already in a week because it was so easy and my family loved it. Thanks!