Cook1 hr 55 mins
I don't remember where I found this recipe or what I've changed from the original recipe, but it's one that my family and friends use again and again. No one ever expects to find coffee as an ingredient, but it adds the perfect flavor and wouldn't be the same without it. Easy way to make 'BBQ' sauce from stuff sitting around the kitchen.
- In a saucepan combine the first nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring frequently.
- Put chicken in a 13x9 baking dish and cover with sauce. (The sauce tends to get greasy this way, so I prefer grilling or broiling.)
- Bake at 350° for an hour or until juices run clear.
- If grilling, brush chicken with sauce before putting on the grill and brush again every 15 minutes, turning to coat both sides well until chicken juices run clear.