1 hr 20 mins
Looks like another winner from the Baker's Catalogue! Prep time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease a 9"x9" pan.
- 2TO PREPARE CRUST:.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- 4Add the flour, scraping the bowl and mixing until everything is well combined.
- 5Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan, and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 6TO PREPARE TOPPING:.
- 7Melt the butter with the salt, sugar, and half and half. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 8Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- 9Stir in the fruit and nuts. Spread the topping over the baked crust.
- 10Bake the bars for 14-16 minutes, until the crust is starting to brown (you should be able to see just the edge of it), and the fruit mixture is bubbly.
- 11Remove from the oven and let cool for at 45 minutes.
- 12After 45 minutes, use a bench knife or table knife to loosen the edges of the bars from the pan. Don't wait too long, or they'll be really stuck.
- 13Cut the bars when completely cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy-Chewy Fruit Bars
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.1
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 77.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: