2 hrs 15 mins
A low fat, delicious and easy way to fix oven-fried chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttery crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup barley nugget cereal (eg. Grapenuts TM)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons apricot marmalade, for topping
- 1To Make Marinade: In a nonporous glass dish or bowl, combine the orange juice, ginger, honey, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3In a resealable plastic bag, mix together the crushed crackers, grape nuts and flour. Rinse chicken and pat semi-dry. Dredge in cracker mixture to coat and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven, top each chicken piece with a light coating of marmalade and put under broiler for 3 minutes. Voila!
- 5The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Cereal-Coated Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 437.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
barley nugget cereal