Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A low fat, delicious and easy way to fix oven-fried chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttery crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup barley nugget cereal (eg. Grapenuts TM)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons apricot marmalade, for topping
- To Make Marinade: In a nonporous glass dish or bowl, combine the orange juice, ginger, honey, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a resealable plastic bag, mix together the crushed crackers, grape nuts and flour. Rinse chicken and pat semi-dry. Dredge in cracker mixture to coat and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven, top each chicken piece with a light coating of marmalade and put under broiler for 3 minutes. Voila!
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.