Recipe by "Down Home Girl" Jo
A twist on the usual broccoli salad, this cauliflower version uses a similar mayo-based dressing, but some different ingredients that brighten the almost-spicy cauliflower flavor. My mom has made this for years; we've both used it as a go-to recipe for parties and potlucks! No actual cooking time (listed cooking time is actually chilling time).
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup golden raisin
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's recommended)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cauliflower, pecans, golden raisins, and onion in a large bowl. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar until sugar is dissolved and all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over cauliflower mixture. Stir to coat cauliflower mixture completely.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Flavors will become rich during chilling time.