Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this for picnics. You don't have to like cauliflower to like it. It's a great alternative to the same old potato salad. The dressing is delicious!
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, coarsley chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 6 slices thick bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 2 cups Miracle Whip (reg or light)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash cauliflower and break into bite-sized flowerettes. Toss in lettuce, onion, cheese and bacon. In a seperate bowl, combine Miracle Whip, sugar and salt and pepper; blend well. Pour over cauliflower mixture and toss to coat.
I substituted mayo for the MW as we don't care for it, but the mayo was fine in this recipe. I just added in Splenda to add a little sweetness of my own, and omitted the sugar! It went over big here and its on our to make again list!
We all enjoyed this different salad tonight for dinner. One change I would make would be to substitute Romaine for iceberg lettuce. I think it would keep more crunch in the salad. It is quite sweet so next time I will decrease the sugar a bit as well. It will be repeated again soon. Yumm. Thanks for the recipe! Update! The following day I cut up some baked ham into the salad and took it to work. It was very good (even though the lettuce waas wilted). The rest of the salad remained crisp and yummy. The ham really added a nice touch to the salad. I can't wait to make it again.
Good Stuff! I love this dressing. I make a broccoli salad that is similar but I never thought to put lettuce in it. It is a very nice touch!