Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
I just love the Tangy Tomato salad dressing that Outback Steakhouse serves so I searched around until I found a good likeness and then modified it slightly. It is delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I recommend that you use a hand mixer with the whisk attachment to ensure that the dressing is thoroughly incorporated.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. It will take a few minutes and perhaps some additional stirring to get all of the sugar dissolved, but it will happen!