Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from "Simple & Delicious" & it's a wonderful, tasty way to add an Italian flair to your dinner! I make this often & it's so yummy & the ingredients are usually right at hand
- 8 cups romaine lettuce (I use bagged salad)
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing (I use fat free)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (I use much less!)
- 1 cup caesar-flavor croutons (I usually omit)
- Mix salad dressing, lemon juice & black pepper.
- Place romaine in 6-8 salad bowls.
- Top with dressing, parmesan cheese & croutons.
This is such a simple recipe, but it makes a might fine salad. I used romaine hearts and cut them into bite sized pieces. I was leery of using store-bought dressing, but found "Cabrini" brand who claims to be passed down from the actual Chef Cabrini who invented the original Caesar salad. I also used their croutons, neither of which was more expensive than other brands! Tasted far better than anything I've gotten in a restaurant or diner. I think it is the brand of dressing...