Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Quaker Oatmeal.
Make and share this Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature by letting them stand on counter about 30 minutes.
- Place yeast in bread machine pan according to directions in manual.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and salt; mix well. Stir in cheese.
- Place all ingredients in bread machine pan according to manual.
- Select white bread, light crust setting.
- Remove bread from pan to wire rack and cool before slicing.
I wanted to make some bread in my bread maker and I chose yours because I had some buttermilk that needed to be used. This was very good and it made excellent toast. It's a keeper!