Recipe by Chef PotPie
We love our starch with a meal, and we're meat & potato people deep down, so I always keep an eye out for different things to do with potatoes to keep some variety. We like these. I don't suggest using fat-free Italian dressing on these, it makes them kind of soggy. If you have time, sprinkle the parmesan on the rounds and return to the broiler for a couple minutes. This is from Good Housekeeping, April 1989.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing, divided in half
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (not the "canned" kind.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- Toss the potatoes with half the Italian dressing.
- Place under broiler at closest possible position.
- Broil 15 minutes, or until tender, turning at least once and brushing with remaining dressing.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.