Recipe by LifewayRecipes
I love recipes with healthy substitutes. Broccoli Slaw Salad is a family tradition, but I started using kefir as a healthier substitute with a tangy kick. It’s now a kid-friendly favorite that has probiotic power as well!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli slaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup plain lifeway kefir
- 2 teaspoons chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli slaw in mixing bowl.
- Add kefir and vinegar, mix well.
- Add chili pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and turmeric/curry powder and mix again.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (raisins, bacon, onion), mix and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Also great to add into wraps.