1/1 Photo of Tangy Broccoli Slaw Salad
I love recipes with healthy substitutes. Broccoli Slaw Salad is a family tradition, but I started using kefir as a healthier substitute with a tangy kick. It’s now a kid-friendly favorite that has probiotic power as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup craisins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup plain lifeway kefir
- 2 teaspoons chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place broccoli slaw in mixing bowl.
- 2Add kefir and vinegar, mix well.
- 3Add chili pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and turmeric/curry powder and mix again.
- 4Add in the remaining ingredients (raisins, bacon, onion), mix and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- 5Also great to add into wraps.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Broccoli Slaw Salad
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 323.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: