Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These wonderful short ribs are nothing less than WoW!!
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -5 lbs beef short ribs
- *Thaw the lemonade concentrate. Slice the onioin. Separate the slices into rings.
- *Combine lemonade concentrate and tomato sauce in a large heavy saucepan. Cook, stirring continually, over medium-high heat until mixture is hot.
- *Add parsley, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, red pepper flakes and bay leaf to tomato sauce mixture. Add ribs.
- *Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil.
- *Cover the saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the ribs are easily pierced with a knife, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- *Skim fat from the surface of the sauce. Discard the bay leaf. Transfer the ribs to a serving platter. Spoon sauce over ribs. Serve with rice & greens.