Recipe by Georgia Girl
This was my Mother's recipe, and DH, who is a beet-hater, likes it very much. It's especially good with ham or pork, and can jazz up an otherwise plain meal
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold beet juice
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup diced pickled beet
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 4 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the lime jello in the boiling water in a saucepan.
- Add the cold beet juice, grated onion, horseradish, salt and pepper, mixing thoroughly.
- Chill until slightly thickened to the consistency of egg whites.
- Fold in the diced beets and celery.
- Place into a large salad mold or into 8 individual molds.
- Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Unmold to serve and top with a dollop of sour cream on each serving.