Recipe by MizzNezz
A little bit of a tang puts just the right touch to a classic dish.
Top Review by JustJanS
A great meal for a cold night.This recipe was good, easy to follow, and resulted in a delicious meal. We like heaps of freshly ground black pepper in our Stoganoff, so I did that, and we missed the tomato paste that I usually add to mine, so I would add maybe a tablespoon to this recipe next time along with the vinegar and lemon juice which were good additions.
- hot cooked noodles
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut in 1/8 inch thick strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg skillet, cook beef in butter for 3 minutes.
- Remove beef and keep warm.
- To skillet, add mushrooms; saute 2 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute; stir in the flour.
- Add water, lemon juice, vinegar, boullion, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in sour cream and beef, heat through--do not boil.
- Serve over noodles.
- Sprinkle with paprika.