Recipe by Shannon 24
Great beef stroganoff recipe. Yummy served over egg noodles, or whatever you please! At our house this recipe has a bit of a legacy. When my husband and I were just dating. we were having dinner at my parent's house--beef stroganoff. My husband leaned over and whispered (please note, this is a man who doesn't whisper well :)) "This looks like dog food"! Can you believe it, anyways, my mom heard and thank goodness she has a sense of humor. But to this day, my dear, dear husband has not lived it down!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I'm not rating this because I didn't find the instructions quite clear and the beef was still tough. I think I should have disregarded step 2. The sauce was very tasty. When I make the recipe again, cooking the beef longer, I'll come back and rate the recipe.
- 1 lb stewing beef or 1 lb steak
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Oxo beef cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef until no longer pink.
- Remove beef and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add flour.
- Add water, lemon juice, vinegar, oxo, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in sour cream, beef. Reduce heat and do not boil.
- Serve over noodles.