Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this one in my filing cabinet of recipes in my desk. Full of flavors and vegetables.
- 4 (1/2 inch) thick beef steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Brown steaks lightly in skillet, and sprinkle with salt, and pepper.
- In another pan,Saute onions, celery, and pepper, and add to steak pan.
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, worcestershire, lemon juice, and bouillon, and pour over vegetables.
- Cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.