Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A pot roast with a mild Mexican flavor. Serve with new red potatoes and corn with pimentos.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 lbs boneless pot roast
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- In Dutch oven, hat oil over medium-high heat; brown roast, turning with wooden spoons, about 10 minutes.
- Drain off any fat.
- Use 18 to 24 cup slow cooker; combine all the ingredients except for the sauce; pour over roast.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours, or cook on high for 5 hours.
- Sauce: Remove roast and onions from crockpot and place on a platter.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in a 200 degree oven until sauce is made.
- Pour broth into medium saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Add sour cream to broth and blend in well.
- Slowly add flour to mixture and blend in well.
- Next, add the chopped green pepper.
- Cook until liquid thickens.Serve over roast.
- If you prefer, you don't have to thicken broth.