Recipe by Audrey M
A nice way to fix and inexpensive cut of beef. Has a mild flavor that isn't very over powerring. Serve with Herb Roasted Potatoes and Side salad.
- 5 lbs beef brisket
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 6 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage or 6 ounces ginger ale
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim brisket of all visible fat; place in crockpot.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch; mix well.
- Pour over brisket.
- Cook on high heat for 2 hours or until simmering.
- Turn heat to Low and cook for 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove brisket 1/2 hour before serving.
- Place meat on a platter and shred into strips.
- Cover meat with aluminum foil and place in 200 degree oven to keep warm while thicken juices for gravy by mixing 4 Tablespoons water and cornstarch together.
- Turn crockpot to high and stir in mixture.
- Stir a couple of times to check for desired thickness of gravy.